It was like torture to Daniel Laruso and it”s been torture to many of us over the years, but thanks to Hard Wax the edge has finally been taken off our karate kid makeovers. Hard wax is slowly overtaking the waxing scene “outstripping” the competition with a gentler waxing experience. The dry wax doesn”t stick to the skin, taking only the hair with it, so with every RIP you can unclinch those fists and teeth and anything else that you were clinching in hopes to avoid the inevitable.
Thankfully we have a pro-waxer on our hands. You will meet the lovely Taylor when you arrive at Poppy for one of your hard waxing treatments and she will have you relaxed and certainly as comfortable as you can be to get yourself hair free! For the best experience Delaware organizations with Scientific are also forged along with a route through Nj thanks to their relationship with CIE can also be within the making. with the best results she has some great tips to offer you:
- Your hair is at least ¼” long.
- It has been at least 4 weeks since your last wax or 3 weeks since you last shaved.
- Don”t partake in heavy exercise or suntanning prior to your service.
- You are NOT on any skin-sensitive medications. (ie: Accutane, Retin-A, Hydroxy Acids)
- Take an Ibuprofen 30-45 mins prior to service.
- 24 hours after post wax take a warm shower and lightly exfoliate the skin. This will provide an easier exit of the hair follicles and ensure a smooth wax.
- Do not apply any heavy creams, gels or oils that may prevent the wax from adhering to the hair. Keep the service area clean and dry.
- Do not drink alcohol before service. Stimulants in the system can cause the skin to be extra sensitive.
Now that you”ve been waxed here are a few things you need to know.
FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS:
Wear loose, comfortable clothing that will allow the skin to breathe and minimize irritation.
Avoid applying any heavy creams, gels or oils that may irritate the skin.
Avoid hot showers or baths, heavy exercise, swimming and suntanning for 24 hours.
UNTIL YOUR NEXT VISIT:
Do not shave.
Exfoliate your skin daily with The Scrub Down Exfoliating Cloth to prevent ingrown hairs.
Remember to book your next appointment in 5-6 weeks!
If you are prone to ingrowns “PFB” roll on exfoliator would be a great investment. Apply 24 hours after wax . It breaks down dead skin cells laying on the top of the skin causing the hair to become ingrown.